We fully understand the need to keep your personal data secure and will only ever request information that we need from you to do our job. We will never share or sell any of your data to anyone outside of Meachen & Shorey Photography.
The data we hold
As part of the process of you employing us as your wedding photographers we will hold the following ‘data’:
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Addresses (preparation, wedding venues and home)
- Guests names provided for group formal photographs
- Photographs (you, your family and friends)
Why we need this data
The data listed above allows us to build a relationship with you with a view of carrying out our contractual obligations, to the best of our ability, if you should choose us to photograph your wedding.
From time-to-time, we ask our customers to complete short wedding-related surveys that provide feedback on our performance and also assist with our analysis of the wider wedding industry. This data helps us improve our services to other couples in the future. Due to the positive relationships we have with our customers, many recommend our services to others. We therefore get in touch, via email, to pass on our gratitude on these occasions.
We are only contractually obliged to keep your photographs for a year post your wedding, but we look to retain them indefinitely to provide a free backup service if your images are ever lost or deleted. As outlined in our contract, we may also publish photographs of your wedding, in which you may be included, for editorial, trade and advertising purposes. Such mediums include, but are not limited to, our website, advertising, internet promotion, photographic contests, public displays, photography books, wedding blogs, studio displays, sample wedding albums, and any other use thought proper by us and/or considered standard by the wedding industry. We would seek your approval if anything outside of this remit required us to use your data.
Where we store your data
The data listed above will be stored in one or more of the following:
- Secure cloud file account (Dropbox & Google Drive)
- Secure backup network attached storage (NAS drive)
- Secure email correspondence sent to and from our business email account (Google Mail)
- Secure web gallery hosted by Pixieset Media Inc who are based in Vancouver, Canada
In the extremely unlikely event of a security breach that involves your data we would contact both you, and the relevant regulatory bodies, within 72 hours.
Who has access to this data
Other than the final photographs being stored within the methods listed above, no one else has access to your data. In the occurrence that a third photographer has been booked (where either Paul Meachen or Paul Shorey are unavailable), they would have access to just the name and addresses listed above to enable them to do their job on your wedding day. They would also only hold photographs taken by themselves of you and your wedding during your wedding day. They would not have access to any other photographs or data obtained by Meachen & Shorey Photography. Any photographer employed would delete any photographs or data held one year after your wedding to coincide with our contractual obligations.
What are my rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have rights relating to your personal data and how it is processed. They are as follows:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data, and any supplementary information which constitutes personal data
- The right to have your personal data rectified; this means you can ask us to correct your personal data if it changes, turns out to be inaccurate, or is incomplete
- The right to have your personal data deleted; this means that you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data
- The right to restrict us processing your personal data.
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to us processing your personal data.
- The rights related to automated decision making including profiling
Withdrawing consent to the use of your data
New customers – By employing us as your wedding photographers you agree to be bound by this privacy statement. You have the right to withdraw your consent to be bound by this statement at any time. If any removal of data restricts us from performing our contractual duties as wedding photographers then the terms and conditions outlined in our wedding contract may be enforced.
Previous customers – You have the right to withdraw your consent to be bound by this privacy statement at any time. We will remove all data upon request as required by the GDPR. Please note the removal of any photographs may include your personal web gallery and any back-up of your wedding photographs being deleted on a permanent basis.
To be notified of the data we hold for you, request its removal or if you would like any further information around the data we hold, please email us at [email protected].
Paul & Paul